Saturday, May 30, 2015

Happy Birthday Ethan! Two Years Old!

December 13, 2007 - Ethan is TWO!

"I asked Ethan what he wanted to do for fun since it was his birthday.  He thought about it, then ran into my room and said, 'wear dada's shirt!'  I couldn't help but laugh and so we got one of Todd's shirts and put it on him.  He wore it around happily for quite some time until I finally asked him if he wanted to go to the mall.
 "The play area there is one of his favorite places to be.  It was like a light came on in his head when I asks him, as if my idea was an incredible concept even better than wearing dada's shirt.  He immediately said, 'all done dada's shirt.  Go now!
 "He was so cute shouting 'weeeeee!' every time he went down the slide.

 "He was very spoiled with presents and loved opening his 'happy birthday new toys'."
 Holding up two fingers
 "But the highlight of the day was Todd walking in formwork with a big bouquet of balloons!  Nothing could have topped that.  Ethan was beyond thrilled and could hardly bring himself to let go of them to do anything else.  And repeatedly he'd say, 'Thank you, Dad!  Thank you, Daddy!'



"He had a football cake for his birthday…he loved it and said 'oh wow!' a few hundred times.
"When we sang, he grinned the entree time and said, 'eat it!' as soon as we were done.  After his first bite, he enthusiastically said, 'mmmmm, num, num!'"



 "I can't believe my boy is 2!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment